Diabetic people are often prone to foot problems that usually develop due to high levels of blood sugar for prolonged periods. Patients suffer from two main foot problems like peripheral vascular disease and diabetic neuropathy and both of them can cause serious complications. Prolife Hospitals, a diabetic foot clinic in Ludhiana, has come up with new ways of diabetic foot treatment to relieve patients from diabetic foot problems.
Diabetes causes insufficient insulin production or low sensitivity to insulin. As a result, cells cannot absorb sugar from blood to use for energy, and the level of blood sugar gets higher. Prolonged periods of high levels of blood sugar can damage many areas of your body. Here are the problems that you may face for prolonged diabetes.
If your blood sugar level remains high for a prolonged period, it can damage nerves and lead to numbness in the feet. As a result, it becomes difficult for you to feel soreness, infection, or irritation. The lack of sensation causes an increased chance of blisters, sores, and cuts. If a person does not receive treatment, ulcers and even gangrene may develop.
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Diabetes causes changes in blood vessels including arteries. Fatty deposits can block vessels beyond the heart and brain for people with peripheral vascular diseases. Peripheral vascular disease can affect hands and feet of patients by reducing blood flow to them. As a consequence, pain, wounds, and infection heal slowly.
Renowned doctors at Prolife Hospitals, well-known for diabetic foot treatment in Punjab, take care of your foot problems caused by diabetes so that you get relief.
Doctors who are popular for diabetic foot treatment in Ludhiana have pointed out certain specific symptoms that a diabetic patient may experience.
- A loss of feeling
- Staining on socks
- Red streaks
- Numbness or tingling sensation
- Blisters or other wounds without a sensation of pain
- Painful tingling
- Skin discoloration
According to some experts in diabetic foot treatment in Punjab, diabetic patients with developing infection may experience:
- Uncontrollable blood sugar
Doctors who are experienced in diabetic foot treatment in Ludhiana have suggested that peripheral vascular disease and diabetic neuropathy can cause complications with serious effects.
- Foot wounds ulcers that do not heal
- Gangrene when an infection results in tissue death
- Charcot’s foot that alters feet’s shape as foot and toe bones shift or break
- Foot deformity
Prolife Hospitals as a reputed diabetic foot clinic in Ludhiana offers proper diabetic foot treatment so that infection or gangrene cannot lead to permanent physical changes. The doctors who are associated with diabetic foot treatment in Punjab recommend that the following changes must seek instant medical attention:
- Changes in skin color on foot
- Signs of infection
- Swelling in ankle or foot
- Tireless sores on feet
- Changing temperature of feet
- In growing toenails
- Tingling or pain in ankle or foot
- Athlete’s foot or other forms of fungal infection in feet
- Cracked or dry skin on heels
Doctors associated with diabetic foot treatment in Ludhiana suggest treatment for diabetic foot problems as per the severity of the conditions. Prolife Hospitals the best diabetic foot clinic in Ludhiana offers a range of surgical as well as non-surgical options to cure the problems that have restricted patients from leading a normal life. See what facilities Prolife Hospitals offers you.
- Surgical Treatment
If doctors do not find positive results from non-surgical for diabetic foot treatment in Punjab, they go for surgical treatment. Surgical treatment includes:
- Removal of dead or decaying tissue form feet
- Surgical stabilization of Charcot’s foot
- Amputation, ranging from smaller sections of the foot or single toes to leg above or below the knee
- For patients with peripheral vascular disease, an arterial bypass is done to assist blood flow to the area
- Placement of stents with endovascular surgery using small devices to keep blood vessels open
- Non-surgical Treatment
Some non-surgical methods for diabetic foot treatment in Ludhiana include:
- Keeping wounds properly clean and dressed
- Putting on immobilization devices like total contact cast or cast boot
- Close observation whether gangrene grows on toes until the occurrence of self-stimulation
For the presence of Prolife Hospitals in Ludhiana, you do not have to worry about suffering from foot problems resulting from serious diabetes. Doctors associated with diabetic foot treatment in Ludhiana are always ready to relive you with proper care and treatment.