Do you also feel something odd in your legs? Are your legs swollen or blue in color? Do you avoid wearing short clothes because you get embarrassed seeing your legs?
This can be because of a medical condition called Varicose Veins.
What are varicose veins?
Varicose veins are twisted and enlarged veins of blue or green color that can occur anywhere in the body, but they are most commonly found in the legs. Since they appear as a series of blue or reddish lines on the skin’s surface, these might resemble a spider web.
This condition has now become so popular especially in women that almost about 25% of women suffer from varicose veins. In order to get this treated, Prolife Hospitals, the best varicose veins treatment hospital in Punjab, diagnose and treats this issue quickly and swiftly. The expert doctors of our hospital offer minimally invasive treatment that helps the patients to get rid of this problem as soon as possible.
Causes of varicose veins
When the leg veins are unable to return blood to the heart, the blood becomes trapped in the lower legs, resulting in swollen legs and ankles as well as varicose veins.
Here are some causes and risk factors behind the development of varicose veins in patients. Such as:
- Age above 50
- Family history
- Standing for a longer duration
How to know if you have varicose veins?
Do you think you are suffering from varicose veins? Well, to resolve your confusion, the expert doctors and surgeons of Prolife Hospitals, the best varicose veins treatment hospital in Punjab, have revealed some symptoms that describe if a person has varicose veins or not.
Here are the symptoms of varicose veins:
- Swelling of the legs, ankles, and feet
- Extreme cramps in the thighs and calves
- Itchy or dry leg skin
- Burning sensation in legs
- Skin discoloration
- Numbness in legs
Treatment for varicose veins in Ludhiana
It is vital to take medical treatment as soon as one finds that they have been prone to varicose veins. Early treatment can help relieve painful symptoms like blue veins and leg swelling while also preventing things from worsening. Vein treatment can lower your risk of developing potentially dangerous health conditions such as venous ulcers and blood clots.
Different treatments for varicose veins in Punjab depend upon the patient’s condition.
- Self-care- Self-care measures like exercise, massage, and raising legs while laying down can help alleviate varicose vein pain and may prevent it from worsening.
- Compression- Another well-proven treatment to reduce varicose veins is compression stockings. These elastic stockings compress the veins and keep blood from pooling. It would be more beneficial if you wear them every day.
- Surgical treatment- The doctors of Prolife Hospitals, the best varicose veins treatment hospital in Punjab, first examine your legs to know about the severity and complications of this issue. They then ask about the symptoms and cause behind the same by examining the family background of the patients. A venogram is used to assess the specific vein that is affected which becomes clear over the X-ray. Then the doctors may choose any of the following methods to treat varicose veins.
- Endoscopic vein surgery
- Endovenous ablation therapy
Now that you know everything about varicose veins treatment in Punjab, it’s time to consult the expert doctors of Prolife Hospitals and seek the timely best treatment.
For more information on varicose veins, you can visit our hospital and book an appointment with our doctors.