The function of the kidneys is to remove the waste products from the body. When the waste products are not fully removed from the body, they take the shape of stones which are known as kidney stones.
When urine becomes concentrated, the salts and minerals crystallize, resulting in the formation of these stones. These stones can form anywhere in your urinary tract, including your kidneys and bladder.
Generally, kidney stones are automatically processed out of a patient’s body through urine but when these stones are hard and big enough, it is impossible to get them out of the body naturally.
At Prolife Hospitals, the best kidney stone treatment hospital in Punjab, various methods are used to remove these stones from a patient’s body.
Before we move on to the various successful methods to remove kidney stones, let’s first find out the signs & symptoms through which one can know that he has kidney stones.
Symptoms that show you are suffering from Kidney Stones
Common symptoms of kidney stones are as follows:
- Severe pain in the abdominal or side of the back
- Swelling in foot
- Blood in the urine
- Nausea and vomiting
- More urination
- Pain while urinating
- Fever and chills
Which factors increase the risk of developing kidney stones?
There are various factors that can lead to the formation of kidney stones. Prolife Hospitals, the best kidney stones treatment hospital in Punjab, explains the factors through which a person may develop kidney stones.
- Dehydration- Sometimes not drinking enough water can cause a lot of serious problems because our body needs water to work efficiently. When you do not drink enough water, your kidney will not be able to pass out the waste from your body through urine which will then develop into kidney stones. As a result, it is critical to consume at least 3 liters of water per day.
- Generic background- If someone in your family already has a history of kidney stones, then you may develop kidney stones. Although it is not required, it may contribute to the development of kidney stones.
- Obesity- Excessive weight gain, high BMI, or a large waist size can be another reason for the formation of kidney stones.
- Medical issues- Kidney stones are more likely a common problem in patients who have other medical conditions. Sometimes high calcium levels in the blood and urine due to fad dieting can also cause kidney stones.
- Surgeries- Changes in the digestive process caused by gastric bypass surgery, inflammatory bowel disease, or chronic diarrhea can affect calcium and water absorption, increasing the amount of stone-forming substances in your urine.
Kidney stones treatment at Prolife Hospitals
The treatment of kidney stones depends on how large the stone is, its type, and how much time the patient has a kidney stone.
There are different options to treat these stones. The reason Prolife Hospitals is regarded as the best hospital for kidney stone removal is that expert doctors first carefully diagnose the problem before proceeding with surgery if necessary.
In the case of small stones, try to wait for four to six weeks to let the stone pass on its own through urine. Stay hydrated and do not control your urine as this may cause another problem.
On the other hand, if the stone is too big or the patient is experiencing immense pain or the stone is not being able to pass on its own, then the best doctors of Prolife Hospitals, Ludhiana may opt for minimally invasive surgery.
If you, too, are a victim of kidney stones, make an appointment at Prolife Hospitals, Ludhiana immediately and begin living a healthier and happier life.