Severe obesity, also known as morbid obesity cannot be managed just with diet, exercise, or weight loss medications. As a result, a substantial number of morbidly obese people who have tried and failed to lose weight through traditional methods are now opting for weight loss surgery to rid themselves of the flab.
Today, there are various weight loss surgeries available in Bangladesh offered by top-notch hospitals to patients who are tired of their excessive weight.
The most common type of weight loss or bariatric surgery is Gastric Bypass Surgery in Bangladesh. It is a perfect solution for persons who are obese, with a BMI of more than 40 and whose weight continues to rise despite following a rigorous low-calorie diet and engaging in frequent fat-burning exercises.
Even though this surgery is gaining popularity all around the world and in Bangladesh, the doctors of Prolife Hospitals recommend that this surgery is not just for everyone.
You have to match certain criteria before deciding to get a gastric bypass surgery done.
A real candidate for Gastric Bypass Surgery
In Bangladesh, Gastric Bypass Surgery is only for patients who are unable to lose weight with diet and exercise. But the patients also have to pass the following considerations to become an eligible candidate for the same:
- BMI > 40 or the person is overweight from his actual weight
- BMI > 35 and have at least one obesity-related comorbidities such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, fatty liver, heart disease, etc.
- No weight loss despite exercise or diet programs
Once you become the candidate for gastric bypass surgery, you can then opt for the surgery at Prolife Hospitals.
How is gastric bypass surgery performed?
Gastric bypass surgery not only improves your quality of life but can also reduce the severity of health problems that obese people are more likely to suffer from, such as heart disease, diabetes, and so on.
This is one of the most complicated procedures performed under general anesthesia.
Generally, there are two types of gastric bypass surgeries in Bangladesh performed with two different methods.
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: This is the most common type of gastric bypass surgery performed in Bangladesh by Prolife Hospitals. The surgeons of this hospital perform this surgery by making a small incision following the laparoscopic concept. As a result, there is no blood loss, fewer complications, and a faster recovery time. By stapling off a portion of the stomach, the RYGB procedure reduces it to the size of a small pouch. The pouch is then directly connected to the small intestine by the surgeon, bypassing much of the stomach and the top portion of the small intestine. Thus, the amount of food consumed is significantly reduced, leading to weight loss.
- Biliopancreatic diversion bypass: This is an open treatment that involves making a single large incision that leaves a lasting scar. Patients often avoid this operation because it carries a high risk of complications. The surgeon removes the lower portion of the stomach during this procedure. They then attach the small pouch that is left directly to the last part of the small intestine, bypassing the previous two sections entirely. Although the surgery entails weight loss but is not recommended by the doctors of Prolife Hospitals.
Is gastric bypass surgery worth it?
The gastric bypass surgery in Bangladesh helps you in weight loss and also give you many more benefits such as:
- Low blood pressure
- Less blood cholesterol
- Escape from type two diabetes
- Normal sleeping pattern
- Promotes confidence and self-esteem
- No depression or stress regarding obesity
Gastric Bypass Surgery in Bangladesh is the most effective surgery for weight loss. Even though it is constantly operating in different hospitals, Prolife Hospitals offers a variety of treatment options at affordable prices to its patients.
One who undergoes this surgery from Prolife Hospitals is relieved for the rest of his life because of the pre and post-operative care that he receives from this hospital.
If you are interested in the bariatric surgery done by us, visit us!