Diabetes has become a more common problem now. Every other person you meet will have diabetes. Diabetes can have an adverse influence on many other parts of your body and your foot are no less.
Foot problems are the most serious issues in diabetic people. These people are easily prone to sore feet and ulcers! When proper care and treatment are not done on time, it can even lead to amputation of the foot.
As a result of diabetes, your lower limbs are more vulnerable to issues such as decreased circulation, nerve damage, skin damage, etc. If you also have diabetes, your feet will require special attention and care.
Although, there are multiple hospitals that treat your diabetic foot, however, at Prolife Hospitals which is known as the best diabetic foot hospital in Punjab, proper care and treatment are given to the patients so that the infection does not turn into serious damage.
The doctors involved in diabetic foot treatment in Punjab advise that the following changes in the feet of a patient require immediate medical attention:
- Change of skin color on foot
- Foot or ankle pain
- Swelling in foot or ankle
- Bleeding of a wound on the foot
- In growing toenails
- Cracked or dry heels
How to maintain healthy feet when you have diabetes?
Along with an annual visit to the best diabetic clinic in Ludhiana, the expert doctors of Prolife Hospitals also suggest some tips that every diabetic patient should know in order to protect their feet.
- Examine your foot every day- No matter how tired you are, taking care of your body will not require much time. If you carefully look at your feet, you may find cuts, sores, and other abnormalities. If you discover anything serious that does not improve within a few days, make an appointment at Prolife Hospitals immediately.
- Choose proper care regime- Good hygiene can help prevent dry, cracked skin and fungal infections such as athlete’s foot and fungal toenails. Choose breathable, moisture-wicking socks and shoes that are comfortable. Diabetes patients walk more frequently, resulting in more dry and cracked heels. It is critical to keep your feet moisturized at all times.
- Maintain your blood sugar levels- Diabetic patients must try to keep their sugar levels in control through a low-carb diet and workouts. Sugar levels should ideally be less than 130 mg/dL on an empty stomach and not more than 180mg/dL after meals.
- Avoid walking barefoot- Roaming inside the house barefoot for a long time can put you under minor to major problems such as cuts, bruises, scrapes, etc. You may not notice these dangerous damages if you have neuropathy until they become infected. It is best to wear shoes at all times, including inside the house.
- Don’t put pressure on your foot while exercising- Exercise is a great way to maintain blood sugar level control. But before you sign up for a new gym membership, you must note that not all exercises are meant for diabetic patients. Jumping, bouncing, and aerobics should be avoided at all costs. Instead, try lighter options such as walking, swimming, yoga, etc.
If you take good care of your feet but are still unhappy with the results, you should seek diabetic treatment at Prolife Hospitals. Our experienced doctors will aid you by giving you proper and advanced diabetic treatment in Ludhiana.