Excessive weight gain or obesity is a giant obstacle between a person and his success. Generally, people who are overweight are not able to live their life on their own terms. But today, with the advancement of technology, everything is possible.
Bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery has proven to be one of the most effective ways to jumpstart rapid weight loss and begin a healthier lifestyle.
Bariatric surgery comes up with different procedures for different people which helps them reduce their weight. Prolife Hospitals is the best Bariatric Surgery Hospital in Punjab that performs weight loss surgery in the best possible way.
How does Bariatric Surgery work?
Weight loss surgery refers to a collection of procedures that alter the digestive system to help you lose weight. The bariatric surgeons at Prolife Hospital perform weight loss treatments that shrink your stomach or restrict your eating capacity and make you feel fuller quickly. While other weight-loss surgeries alter your digestive system.
Here are the common types of bariatric surgeries that are performed on a person to reduce his/her weight:
- Adjustable gastric banding- An inflatable silicone band is wrapped around the top portion of the stomach in this form of bariatric surgery. This band decreases the stomach’s intake area, causing the patient to feel fuller with less food, allowing him or her to lose weight and obesity. Since the treatment itself will not help the patient lose weight, he or she must choose healthy eating habits and exercise on a regular basis. Prolife Hospitals, is the best bariatric surgery hospital in Punjab that performs this type of surgery with complete care and satisfaction.
- Roux-en-Y (roo-en-wy) gastric bypass- Gastric bypass is also known as Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery. This is the most renowned weight loss treatment in Punjab and all over the world, and like any other weight loss surgery, this too is used when a patient’s diet and exercise plan aren’t working. This operation can be done in two ways: laparoscopy (small abdominal incisions) or robotically (computer-assisted surgery that helps in the surgical procedures). The bariatric surgeons at Prolife Hospitals divide the upper and lower portions of the stomach in this operation. After that, the upper portion of the “pouch” is attached to a small intestine limb known as the “Rouxlimb.” Since this new stomach pouch is thin, it limits the amount of food you can consume, making you feel full even after a small meal.
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch- A procedure similar to a sleeve gastrectomy is performed in the first phase of this two-part surgery. The second surgery (duodenal transfer and biliopancreatic diversion) connects the end of the intestine to the duodenum near the stomach, bypassing the rest of the intestine. This procedure also restricts the amount of food you can consume while also reducing nutrient absorption.
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy- In this weight-loss surgery, small tubes are inserted through several small incisions in the upper abdomen through the laparoscopic method. Around 80% of the stomach is eliminated in this process, leaving only a tube-shaped stomach the size of a banana. It also releases ghrelin, an appetite-controlling hormone, which can decrease the urge to eat. Thus limiting the size of your stomach limits the amount of food you can eat, causing you to become fuller very quickly.
Health Benefits of the Bariatric Surgery:
Bariatric surgery in Canada can change your life if you decide to have this weight-loss surgery done from Prolife Hospitals which is the best Bariatric Surgery Hospital in Punjab.
Here experienced bariatric surgeons take special care of the individual patients and provide them complete guidance during pre and post-surgery.
- Get rid of type 2 diabetes- After the weight loss surgery, many patients have seen an improvement in their diabetes. Either the level got reduced or they completely got rid of type 2 diabetes.
- Improved cardiovascular health- Your risk of coronary heart attack, stroke, and peripheral heart disease can be reduced after weight loss surgery at Prolife Hospitals. Following the surgery, blood pressure and cholesterol levels will return to normal or near-normal, lowering these risks and improving overall health.
- Relief from depression- Many obese people feel depressed because of their excessive weight gain because they lose their self-confidence and feel ashamed. But, once you get your bariatric surgery done from Prolife Hospitals, the best weight loss surgery hospital in Ludhiana, you can experience immense change inside as well as outside your body.
Hence, if you are looking for the best bariatric surgery hospital in Punjab, then Prolife Hospitals is the right hospital for you. You should always go to a hospital for weight loss surgery in Canada, where eminent doctors are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In Prolife Hospitals, Dr. HS Jolly and his team use specialized surgical instruments to help you change your life by weight loss surgery.